- Absorbs fast
- Great coverage
- Long lasting
- Can be found at local drugstore
- Only comes in two shades: light/medium and medium/deep
- Adds a little shine to forehead
I love Garnier’s BB cream. I received a sample in the mail a couple days after I received my Dr. Jart+ BB cream and was skeptical that the drugstore brand would be able to keep up with the great results of the luxury brand. But Garnier’s beauty balm is top notch!
Overall Grade: C
- Added moisture to face
- Soft to the touch
- Can be purchased at a local drugstore
- Leaves face feeling greasy
- Very thick and heavy
- Light scent (not a particularly good one though)
- Does not absorb quickly
Out of all the face creams I’ve tried so far, this one disappointed me the most. It’s very soft to the touch when you add it to your fingers, but it’s very thick when you add it to your face. As someone who has mostly oily skin her whole life, my biggest fear is making my face look more oily than it already does. Pond’s S Cream definitely did this, which was very disappointing.
Overall Grade: A-
- Lightweight, cooling gel
- Absorbs fast
- Not oily at all
- Smells nice
- Can be purchased at local store
- Doesn’t relieve irritated skin (immediately)
I’ll be honest. For the first 25 years of my life I violated Beauty Rule #1: always moisturize. Because my skin is oily I’ve always been afraid of facial moisturizers because I thought they would add to The Shine. However, recently my allergies have been thrown so out of whack that my skin is crying out for moisture – even my face.